Entering a Project in an Arts & Sciences Faire
Not Sure How to Start? Follow These Steps to Your Next Entry:
Step One. Review the Art/Sci rules All entrants should first review the rules to know more about how the competition works and what is required for entries and entrants.
Step Two. Choose Your Level
Novice – For first time entrants, entrants new to the art sci process, or those exploring a new art. This level is designed to help walk you easily through documentation and to provide the most structured experience for newer or less advanced artisans. This level is NOT eligible to be a Gulf Wars Champion.
Download Novice Assessment Forms
Journeyman – For all standard level entries. This level will be considered the average level entry for Art Sci Faire entries. It is geared toward most projects and requires solid research and documentation, an understanding of your topic or entry, but does not require going “above and beyond” in all areas of the project. Most entries will be entered at this level. This level IS eligible to be a Gulf Wars Champion. Entrants are encouraged to read the judging forms for their category as a guide to organizing documentation.
Masterwork – For entries that have gone above and beyond both in research and documentation and in creation. This level is geared toward long-term and very in-depth projects with extensive research and numerous complex parts. This might be where a sheep-to-shawl entry is featured or a culminating project is shown for which you have made all the pieces and tools to create the entry. This level IS eligible to be a Gulf Wars Champion. Entrants are encouraged to read the judging forms for their category as a guide to organizing documentation.
Youth: For youth entries at elementary, middle school and high school age.
Step Three. Review the Divisions and Categories Section Find the division and category that best suits your project so you will know where your piece will be sorted at the Art/Sci Faire. You’ll need this information to fill out your forms.
Step Four. Download the Form for Your Entry. Go to the level of form that you need from the links above and select from sthe correct form. Review this form and use it to help you organize the documentation for your entry. You may also want to review the judging rubric from your entry level so you can better understand the criteria by which judges will review your entry.
Step Five. Register Your Project All entrants are strongly encouraged to register their projects ahead of time for Kingdoms Arts & Sciences competitions. This ensures there will be sufficient judges for all projects, plus mundane considerations like table space. If you do not register your entry by the deadline, please bring three copies of your forms to the competition. There is no guarantee we will have them on hand and would hate to be unable to provide you structured feedback on your piece.
Kingdom Art Sci Fair Research Resources
- Getting Started – Things to Consider When Entering Art-Sci | Rules and Resources
- A Practical ‘How-To’ On Entering Art Sci – One Way To Do It (Of Many) – Journeyman and Masterworks
- One example of a Novice Static presentation (standard entries are far more simplistic – but this is a good visual communication concept)
- Trimaris Arts & Sciences Honorifics Site | Who Won What When And More!
Research and Citation Aids
- EasyBib | Citation Creation and Format Checker
- Grammarly | Plagiarism Checker
- See this excellent article on other resource and why you might consider them: www.websiteplanet.com/blog/best-plagiarism-checking-tools
- Worldcat | A Tool for Searching Library Collections | Plus a Tool for Generating Standard Citations
- Library Thing | Individuals Share Listings of Their Personal Collections
- Society for Creative Anachronism (sca.org) – Suggested Research Links