What is a Chatelaine?
The main focus of a Chatelaine is to help bring new participants into the SCA and retain our existing members. It’s a dynamic role that’s vital to helping the SCA change and grow with the times by interpreting the needs of new and existing members and helping to craft an experience that meets those needs.
We teach people about our customs, help them find activities and introduce them to our members and activities, helping forge hobbies and relationships that can last a lifetime.
We also work with outside community groups, coordinating educational demonstrations at conventions, schools, medieval and renaissance fairs and other activities.
|Kingdom Chatelaine||Master Brian Robertson, OP|
|Deputy Kingdom Chatelaine – Education||Baron James Highgate|
|Deputy Kingdom Chatelaine – Southern Deputy||Honorable Lady Cera Wricht|
Links of Interest for New Participants
Links of Interest for Local Group Chatelaines
- Quarterly Chatelaine Report
- Request a Demo Form
- Running a Demo in Trimaris
- Recruiting and Retention Basics for the SCA.pdf
Demo Information Form
- Society Chatelaine resources – Approved flyers and handouts for recruiting
- Class Notes for Newcomer Class Instructors
- Newcomers Class 101 Instructor Notes